Friday, December 11, 2009

Before I get lost reading all your posts...

I better write something we've been up to these past weeks. With Christmas rapidly approaching it seems we have absolutely no time to even set up our tree. I think we're going to do it a day before Christmas at this rate. I am really happy to be busy and to have a lot on my plate. Maybe I just should stop going to bed at 4am, or maybe I should just stop sleeping at all.
Well, until I realize what is that I should do, I'll just take a day at a time.

Valentina's school has been and remains my time-hog. It requires a lot of my time because she needs my help with homework and it is encouraged by curriculum. There were book fair, art fair, field trip as well as daily paper sign and book bag checks. It's nice to see your child's progress. I try to encourage her, as she gets upset at herself if she makes mistakes and gets discouraged easily.

We splurge on art in our family;-)



Church is busy this time of the year with activities. There's been a Nutcracker Relief Society Dinner held recently and prepared mostly by my friend Cammy. I tried to help her as much as I could to prepare for it. It went really well. The sisters were able to come and watch Cammy dance a sugar-plum fairy part from Nutcracker. We had a wonderful relaxing Christmas dinner with lots of yummy food and desserts. 12 tables were decorated by different sisters and they all looked gorgeous.
Cammy

Tables galore
There's also ward Christmas party coming up this Saturday. I will participate. This what I get for being a foreigner;-)) It is themed Polar Express Around the World. Hope my representation of Belarus will be decent. I would have to try to squeeze thousands of years of holiday traditions of Belarus into 3 to 5 minutes. Ha-ha, good luck to me))

2 comments:

Laurie D. said...

So fun to see all those great ladies sitting by their tables. I miss all of you .

Cammy Aller said...

Love the pictures! You are so funny! I can't wait to see what you do for the ward party! I know it will be great. Thanks again for all the help for the R.S. party :)