Saturday, October 31, 2009

Garden

This was a beginning of my little garden in our backyard. I dug the grass and weeds out of a rectangle-shaped plot and left it as it is. I planned to make a raised bed, but was really anxious to plant something, that's why I couldn't wait and went ahead without building anything. After it was cleared of weeds and sod, I made few little rows and planted seeds that I've been collecting over the years - sunflowers, poppys, zinnias, I even tried planting dill.

Well, as you can see here, nothing grew except for zinnias. I was really surprised they grew either. In fact, I was amazed when I saw flower buds on all the plants.


And here they are - my backyard pride, zinnias grown from seeds!

From buds to flowers...


Stop!.. And smell the roses, I mean zinnias.


0 comments: