Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mother's Day

I felt really great this Mother's Day. Thanks to my wonderful family that made me feel this way. Eric and the kids brought breakfast in bed for me with a fruit salad that I craved the night before. There were chocolates, flowers, cards and many "Happy Mother's Day" and "I love you, mommy". Those little cards with scribbles and "mommy and me" portraits made by Valentina are the cutest. Funny, they decorated a cake for mother's day in school, unfortunately it did not survive until the actual day, because Valentina kept asking if she can have a piece. I said let's wait till mother's day, but I guess she thought if she decorated it, I had little to say about when to eat it. So, it was gone long before. Misha kept repeating "Happy Mother's Day, mommy!" (really cute) It was his way of making it special.

These days make me pause and ponder and realize how happy my family makes me feel. It sounds so simple, but it is one of those truths that you only understand when you don't have it.

Make each day a mother's day by choosing to be happy and enjoying every moment.

0 comments: