Friday, May 1, 2009

Back to the Beginning, I mean birds and butterflies, well, mostly birds

I'll dedicate this post to our little feathered friends. Oh, please, don't think I fell in love with the birds all of a sudden, because I still have a panic fear of their crooked, scaly claws. And besides, some of them birds aren't attractive no matter how much you look at them or try to like them (take black vultures, for example, eew!)
Despite all said, there were some interesting bird encounters lately, so I'll talk about them. I never really was a bird fan in decorating or anywhere and would much rather prefer butterflies, flowers and things cute. However, I found this yard decor bird and instantly fell in love with it. It is big and plump :-) and it has pieces of glass embedded in its side, which sparkle when sun shines on them. What funny is that one night Eric was coming home from work and didn't know I put the bird in the front yard. Unfortunately, I didn't see the original reaction on his face, but have to say the night before we had a mysterious creature dig a half-foot hole in our yard. So, this being said, what would you look like seing this huge bird sitting there not moving in the dark?
But, in the light of the day it looks like this



Maybe I should get up early every day just to listen to birds sing? They save the prettiest songs for the morning. We had a beautiful red cardinal sitting outside on top of the street light singing songs two mornings in a row. So beautiful! I dedicated this little applique craft to it.

Maybe I'm weird, but I really think if the places attract living creatures, it has a positive energy and it is good to be there (it can be an outside place or inside). Thus proving my theory, when Valentina was little, some birds built a nest on the tree opposite our balcony in Minnesota, laid their eggs and had their birdlings. They were so nice to watch when I took my own first little one to the balcony for some fresh air.
When Misha was baby, the same happened here in Florida: birds, nest, eggs.
When we were looking at this house one day this huge gray crane bird came to our door. It was not frightened at all. When we went inside, the bird wandered off, but the minute Misha came out, the bird came running to him hoping for some food.
Call me cuckoo, but it was my sign its a good place to be.

1 comments:

Cammy Aller said...

WOW Anna, your bird turned out Awesome!!! I cant wait to see it in person. Is it on a shirt? Also I have similar stories of birds around my house. I actually had two red tailed Hawks and they had a nest on a tree next door to us. I have great pictures of the Hawks on our deck right outside or door. I will have to show you :) Love the post.