Thursday, June 18, 2009

My Prince Charming

Eric had a birthday this month. So, here is a little tribute to my hubby. I tend to take him for granted a lot. Sometimes it seems he's always there, I know him, what else do we need, right? But if I don't pause and think how happy he makes me and the children, this is going to be one more thing I let pass me by. Well, I'll try to come up with the original "Eric trivia list". I promise, I won't say things like "he's a great father and a husband", because, gee, if he wasn't I wouldn't be with him ;-)))

1. He falls asleep when I read stories or talk.
2. He talks in his sleep in some jibberish language, especially when woken up with a start.
3. His shoe size is smaller than 12, but he always insists on buying size 13.
4. He knows what aggravates me and does it anyway.
5. He likes cold AC, cold drinks, and even though he frequently gets brain-freezes, still gulps his drink in a blink of an eye.
6. When we lived in Minnesota, he wore shorts in winter, when we moved to Florida he started wearing pants.
7. He has "podophobia" (please don't make me explain).
8. His all-time favorite movie is a chick-flick.
9. He lets me wear pants in the house.
10. Ever since I got obsessed with Twilight, he buys me magazines with Twilight characters on the cover.
11. He surely enjoys his Wii time.
12. He likes wrestling (I'm rolling my eyes).
13. He likes wrestling on Wii.
14. In all he changed about 20 jobs (being Papa Bear costumed character was one of them).
15. When kids misbehave, he likes to have a one-on-one conversation with them in the room, after which they come out comptletely changed.
16. The last book he read was "Final Exits" by Michael Largo .
17. He would go to a girlie store with me (shoe store, perfume, cosmetics, to name a few) and would carry my heavy purse without a word of irritation. Gotta love his patience.
18. He can do anything he puts his mind to, be it a house project, or fixing a car, or moving across the country.
19. Kids love him, he even got a little herd of little friends in Belarus, that would follow him wherever he went. They even gave him some gifts and notes with their names. One of them wanted to come to US, so he said "you can bring me in your suitcase with you".
20. Valentina and Misha learned this good-night phrase from Eric: "I love you, good night, spokoynoy nochi, good night, don't let the bed bugs bite, spokoynoy nochi, good night", because it is not enough to say one thing, you know, so they say the whole thing before they go to bed, every time. Oh, and that goes after the routine hug, kiss, and butterfly (eyelashes on cheek).
21. Laundry. I have to talk about this. Eric would mix my whites with his blacks. I banned him from doing laundry ever again, but... read #4.
22. He always carries stuff in his pockets, and empties them all over the house, again... #4.
23. He is always there for me whenever I need him, he is my husband and BFF in one person.
24. He is an easy-going person.
25. Eric biked to work 3 hours a few times and took bus, just so I could have a car.
26. He can cook a great dinner, but his favorite is to grill.
27. He is not picky and this is great. He would eat anything I cook, and then thank me for it even if it is tasteless or salty or burnt. He can wear shirts that are 10 years old and not care.
28. He grows a gotee on vacation.
29. He sometimes calls me from work just for us to not say anything, really.
30. The first time he flew on the plane was for our honeymoon.
31. He is a great father and a husband. I know, I know, I promised not to say that, but what kind of a wife would I be, if I didn't?

Love you, Eric
So to celebrate we went to Lake Louisa State Park for a picnic,

walked in warm lake water and looked at tiny fish,


Valentina and Misha climbed a tree,

went home to a little surprise.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

4- is not true I'd never!!! :)
I love you also
Eric