Saturday, December 13, 2008

Unbelievable? Believe it!

Yes, I sang today in the Christmas program Silent Night in Russian in front of the ward. It is the first one for me. Never in my life I thought I'd do such a crazy thing. I really thought that my voice is not made for other ears to hear. I am being a realist. But, the song came out, I guess.
I noticed that about any public speech, lesson or singing (in this case) when you practice, it seems like you can't get it quite right or there are all these worries in your head. But at the pulpit (stage, podium - pick one) - it just all comes together and the invisible helpers are there to pull you up to your highest degree of performance. Thanks to Heavenly Father for it all. Let's develop our talents He has given us!

1 comments:

Laurie D. said...

I'm sad I missed it. I'm sure it was beautiful. I think it's so amazing at how willing you are to always try new things.